Juvederm is a sterile gel that is made from hyaluronic acid which are natural sugars found in our bodies. It is used to fill in the grooves and lines which eliminate wrinkles thus smoothing out your skin.
Botox is a purified protein that works by relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles, fine lines and folds. It is great for reversing "the aged look" which may be brought on by wrinkles.
- wrinkles that are present when your face is at rest (or at ease)
- restores volume to hollow tissue-depleted areas
- is used for nasolabial (nose to mouth) folds, melomental (mouth to chin) folds, frown lines, upper lip, and to the cheekbones
- wrinkles that appear on movement, which are when you smile, laugh, cry, or show any other emotion with your face
- it works on the forehead furrows, crow's feet, laugh lines around the mouth, and frown lines
*Both Juvederm and Botox can be used in defining lips and to create that plumping effect.